We offer fully interactive, hands on, participatory drumming workshops in schools.
* African Drumming
* African Singing
* African Storytelling
* Samba Band
* Multicultural Drumming
Why have a drumming day?
- To link with the curriculum
- African Arts, International studies
- For enrichment
- Raise awareness of other cultures
- Promote listening and co-operation
- Communication and concentration
- Increase confidence and self esteem
How does it work?
- We bring a van full of drums and/or boomwhackers for your day.
- Fully trained enthusiastic facilitators
- Workshops for up to 60 learners at a time.
Everyone gets a drum!
- Optional interactive assembly at the beginning or at the end of the day.
- An additional workshop for staff also available.
Why use Organic Rhythm for your school drumming day?
- We cater for large groups of up to 60 children drumming at a time; therefore 2 classes can drum together.
- That’s 360 learners during one school day in 6 sessions, plus an optional assembly performance.
- Everyone gets a drum; we bring enough for staff to join in too.
- We bring children’s clothing from Senegal, West Africa which can be worn in the end of day performance.
- We have 8 years of experience, DBS certificates, Public Liabilty Insurance to £10,000,000
- We offer two tariffs for a school day of drumming:
- One: for up to 240 pupils per day. 6 groups of up to 40.
- Two: for up to 360 pupils per day. 6 groups of up to 60.
- Big discount for booking two consecutive days; ideal for larger schools.
- Free drumming session for staff when you book two school days in a 12 month period.
Please do Contact Us for a quote or to check availability for your fun, inclusive and memorable drumming day.
A ten week programme designed to fit with the school term.
One hour per week with 8-16 pupils.
This video shows the benefits of Drumbeat.
We recently travelled to Florida to train as Drumbeat facilitators and we recently completed our first 10 week programme with Westfield Academy, Yeovil.
ALSO- We offer after school clubs, activities during PPI time, inset days for staff, team building for staff – drumming is not just for children!
Recent Schools we’ve worked with:
Marjon University, Plymouth- Raising Aspirations event for year 6’s
Westfield Academy, Yeovil – 10 week Drumbeat programme
Sticklands Primary school, Evershot, Dorset – African Drumming
Cannington College, Bridgwater – African Drumming
Lympsham First School, Weston-super-Mare, Somerset. Multi-cultural drummming
Rendcomb College, Rendcomb, Cirencester – African Drumming as part of a multi-cultural day
College University Birmingham- African Drumming workshop and performance with students
Marjon University – Plymouth, Devon. Drum Circle
Southill Primary, Weymouth, Dorset. Samba Drumming for a Brazillian themed day
Paulton Infants School – African Drumming
Moretonhampstead Primary School, Devon. – African Singing.
Rowanfield Infants School, Cheltenham – Boomwhacker Day
Oake, Taunton- Little Acorns Foundation Unit, ages 2-4 – African Drumming
Draycott & Rodney Stoke First School,Somerset – Samba drumming day celebrating the Rio carnival of Brazil
Wey Valley School, Weymouth, Dorset – African Drumming
Sherborne Abbey Primary School, Dorset – African Drumming day
Two Moors School, Tiverton, Devon – African Drumming and Singing Day
Bassetts Farm Primary School, Exmouth, Devon – Drumming Day
Hindhayes Infant School, Street, Somerset – African Drumming Day
Foxes Academy, Minehead- Multicultural Drumming
Bucklers Mead School, Yeovil – Empowerment & Confidence building day